Getting the most mileage out of this or any forum...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Daniel J New Member

Hi Vishal,

Daniel here, just saying thanks for the welcome message.
    Just joined this forum and I'm looking forward to getting involved and learning a great deal with the Work at Home Forum community.
    To success!
  2. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

3. TwrPowerTeam New Member

Its True that if you focus your life on helping other people, you will be happy aswell, You help people succeed and you will also succeed.

I truly believe this.

Blaine
  4. treefrog1962 New Member

I have started my own affiliate website and was wondering what's the best way to build quality links?

Treefrog
  5. donline New Member

Hi, I am a newbie and am excited to be part of the Work-At-Home Forum. I look forward to chatting with other members.[IMG]
  6. GaryCameron New Member

Cashminter: This well said because I strongly believe that socializing should go beyond selling.One should be able to merit a visit.Hoping that many new entrants here and other forums take these stuff you wrote here to heart and abide well for their own maximum benefits
    Well said my friend. Our goal primary goal here should be to socialize and help others. Not flog our primary business.
  7. mwhisel New Member

Great advise. I look forward to participating in a forum of like-minded individuals -- All pursuing the same goal --Working from Home.
  8. ZiggyZoo New Member

[IMG] and with the spirit of helping others ... mwhisel - you need to check your signature and fix it up.

Forums are a great way to socialize. Lets face it working from home can become a bit lonesome and its nice to chat with other people and get different perspectives.

But like everything else there are those that abuse the system.

I for one have to admit that I have been able to learn quite a bit from visiting different forums. The odd bit of info that you would not necessarily pick up any where else.
  9. 2urprofit New Member

Hi Vishal,

I joined the forum a couple of days ago, but, am wondering why the word Member and my signature is not highlighted like everyone elses.
    Is there more I am suppose to do? I thought I had confirmed but I will go back and check my email again..

Thanks, Elmira Johnson(2urprofit)
  10. shelli0324 New Member

Since I am very new to all this I extremely appreciate this advice and any more anyone here is willing to give. I can use all the help I can get so any advice is always welcome. Thanks again to all that will be willing to give more advice in the future.[IMG]
  11. kolive New Member

This site is one of the few that seem to really want to help instead of just promoting one program or another. Being a real estate agent in our current economy is not the greatest right now, so I am online trying to get ideas. How do you know what's legit? I google everything that looks interesting. I guess I have a hard time believing people since there are so many opportunities.

In the past, I have had google ads on my RE website and I have made some money doing that. I have done that clicking on ads mess and that's a waste of time.

I am thinking of doing the party plan business with Initial Outfitters, but I haven't signed up yet. I did sign up with Iggly Biggly and completed my first matrix, but I haven't received my flip flops yet. Also, I am signed up with Melaleuca and Homebased Toolbox. I hope I can learn something soon so I can start making some money. LOL
  12. mirab New Member

It takes time and a lot of reading - learning. And don't spend any money that your not ready to lose. I've lost a lot but not really lost cause I consider it part of my educational fee. LOL
  13. Cancer37 New Member

Hi There,

Thank you for such a wonderful advise for a newbies like me. I will always remember what you've said and I will try to keep slowly but sure in all my blogs in the future.

Thanks again and nice making business with you.
  14. Bloggergold New Member

Excellent Forum,
    You are very right about not trying to get people just to see your opportunities.Building trust and friendships take time and when you write good material ,people will be attracted to you like a magnet.I hope you watch for spammers and keep this forum as professional as possible.I remember 10 years ago when yahoo groups were very good for advertising,now they are over run with adult links and garbage.

Thanks Vishal
  15. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Bloggergold: I hope you watch for spammers and keep this forum as professional as possible.
    I sure will! I have been doing it since last 4 years and will continue doing it [IMG]
  16. guapaone New Member

Vishal thanks so much for your response, it helped alot. Now I am a virgin to the internet so can you help me. how do I post my website on this forum or didn't I read on where I should of?

Ledia
  17. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

guapaone: Vishal thanks so much for your response, it helped alot. Now I am a virgin to the internet so can you help me. how do I post my website on this forum or didn't I read on where I should of?

Ledia
    Once you are logged in, click on your Profile link (at the top), and edit your signature.
  18. Spider_Mycron New Member

hello , thanks a lot for what you are doing here i really appreciate it a lot and hope i will be a part of this nice community .

thanks
  19. cdsites17 New Member

Vishal,
    Extremely well put. I've visited some of the mainstream forums/blogs within google and yahoo and let me say, I am extremely disapointed in the overall sites. I don't know of anyone who actually goes into these "groups" and tries to find information, but my advice is to stay as far away from these as you can.

The only way to go within them is to become a member of a group where they actually review what you hve to say, like this site.

I've recently begun my quest in affiliate marketing and what I've learned so far is that people like to be talked to and not at, which many of you have already mentioned within the post.

Thanks for all of the helpful tips and good luck everyone in your quest for success online!
  20. Vishal P. Rao Administrator