Work at Home Forum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in   Add this forum to your favorites!Add to Favorites 

Becoming a Print Broker

Should I go for it & become a Print Broker
Yes. Go for it yee canna loose!
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No. Nay laddy your logic is flawed!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

TomB
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Becoming a Print Broker Reply with quote

I've recently found a internet based software company that has developed up an automated print workflow solution, a bit of a mouthfull I know Wink . The company is Print Evolved they are part of a group called Ivorsolution.
Terrible name in my opinion but I believe Ivorsolution has been around for quite some time.

They claim that they have a 'Print Community', i.e. a large number of printers and a print procurement agencies (Brokers) on the system already. Basically forming a business network. All communications is handled over an internet connection, meaning all a printer or broker would need is a web browser.

The way it supposedly works is my customer gives me some artwork for say, business stationery. I contact a printer on the network or get one of my existing printers set up (Printers pay �15 a month appartently to have an account, or there abouts)

The reason I'm posting this is I want to know if its too good to be true. They are only charging �1 per print transaction on the internet and even this is on a sliding scale. The price matrix goes down to about 25p per transaction. I mean a Broker (Should I wish to become one) would typically charge �30-�50 for a set of business cards and pay the printer �7-�20. Thats a possible profit of �42 per set of cards. I just deal with occasional customer queries and pick up a fat cheque at the end of the month.

Am I missing a catch here because I can't see it? If anyone can see any flaws in my plan please post within 2 months as I'm thinking of setting up a home based print brokering business myself.

Ivorsolution has a flagship B2C offering as well called Card Corporation as an example of another market area people can get into with this system. If I was a designer I may consider this but I have trouble drawing stick men Wink

Over and out... Opinions please
ajazzfan
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Check the "Selling Media to the Masses" post in th Reply with quote

Check the "Selling Media to the Masses" post in the FreeLancing Section. Maybe they might be able to tell you if this sounds good or not, sounds like they have done something similar.

John
TomB
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 'ajazzfan'. I've read it & I'm going for it. Wish me luck Smile
TomB
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: 2 Templates up and more on the way :) Reply with quote

No regrets Very Happy

Print Evolved have put me in touch with a couple of printers already. I've sent the artwork for 3 off to them and already 2 are online. Had an order already I tried giving the printer a larger turnaround for a couple of weeks until my client gets ordering fast enough, but as they are already doing work for quite a few other brokers on the system they said they can stick to their original timscales Smile. If I can get all my customers online with this system it'll save me hours a day, I'll be able to double my capacity Very Happy.

If there are any other printers or print brokers out there get online. Especially you printers with the low low prices Wink
Print Automation
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: 8 happy years of business Reply with quote

Do it! Its an excellent business to get into. I've been going for around 8 years now and I love it. Also try Print Evolved its great, I've started using it mysef and I love it. I've reviewed it on my site if you'd like to see my opinion please check out my site www.printautomation.co.uk.

Hope all goes well for you Smile ,

John T

JasonT
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Print Automation Rocks! Reply with quote

Awesome. I've seen a demo of this system. The guy walked in with a floppy! Whacked it in the mac and then proceeded to generate batches and batches of print automatically. Its amazingly fast.

Its all hosted for you, although your customers think its your site Smile, so its damn cheap. You can automate you business almost completely. The demo guy explained to me several case studies that are using the system and its given me endless ideas of how to expand with the limited resources I have inhouse.

Print automation rules! Very Happy

Jasen T

New media and Value Added Printing at its Best
Page 1 of 1

A sister site of Home Based Business Opportunities.

© 2004 Work at Home Forum. Powered by phpBB 2.0.11