Work at Home Forum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in   Add this forum to your favorites!Add to Favorites 

A little advice needed

Flipper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: A little advice needed Reply with quote

Hello,
I've figured out my niche and I've started building a website with content. The question is, where do I go to find the banner ads that can be clicked on to start producing income? I'm a camera operator, and see the companies that make it happen for me everyday, canon, fujinon, philips, sony, etc.

I also intend to create 'How to' eBooks for my target audience, where's a good place to start? I've seen PlanetPDF and a few others.

I do understand I need to do many more hours of research, but I figured I'd ask a pool of peeps that have been there and can give me a great start.

Thanks all
Razz
Jason Gazaway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Flipper Smile

To answer some of your questions..

Quote:
question is, where do I go to find the banner ads that can be clicked on to start producing income?

Try using some general affiliate programs that have many options available..

http://www.cj.com
http://www.linkshare.com

These two sites should have what you're looking for, and they are both free to join, and are highly respected online.

Quote:
I also intend to create 'How to' eBooks for my target audience, where's a good place to start? I've seen PlanetPDF and a few others.

There are many places to start Smile There are many resources on the 'net today that can produce pdf files free of charge. Simply go to google and research this option. There are, of course, disadvantages of using a free pdf compiler, but you get what you pay for Rolling Eyes

I will say that im my humble opinion, pdf is the best way to go about creating an ebook because it's universal. Meaning pdf files can be read my MAC users. Although I have created ebooks in .exe (executable) files, I would recommend pdfs all the way. The other option is simply creating ebooks in .exe format. This is generally easier, but alot of the time you must design the ebook with html and then upload that to the ebook complier..

If you're into creating a series of ebooks, or more than one, I would highly recommend buying the abobe pdf creator. Just head to http://www.adobe.com for more information about that.

When searching for pdf compliers, try using these keywords when searching to help narrow down your options:

"pdf compiler"
"create pdf files"
"free pdf compiler"

And so on..

Good luck with your new project Smile

Warmest Regards,
Jason Gazaway
seranade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you make money generating an e-book.

Sincerely,
seranade Question
Flipper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for the information!
I just joined SFI marketing group, someone had mentioned them in the forums. They're the same type of affliate system, right? If so I guess I need to get started with them.

Cheers

Very Happy
Flipper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,
Commision Junction looks like they do have the advertisers im looking for but in there form, they ask for my SSI. I don't want to give that out even though you say they are a respected company.

As for SFI, they seem kinda pyramid based and I don't want that, I just want to get the related banners on my site.

Thank you
leif
Jason Gazaway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serenade,

Quote:
How do you make money generating an e-book.

People might pay you for what you know Smile If you alot about something and create an ebook about what you know.. People may buy your ebook, thus creating an income stream for you..

Leif,

This is business.. Without you giving them your SSN, they won't be able to keep the IRS posted on any commissions that you have earned in the year. If you make more than $600 US, they will issue you a 1099 at the end of the year.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think you'll be able to join too many programs without giving up your Social.. This is because they have to properly document what ANYONE makes to to government.. Otherwise, it'd be illegal, and they could end up losing their multi-multi million dollar business Smile

The choice is yours of course, but you'll find most *legitimate* companies ask for that information.. Some will even require you to fill out your tax info and fax it to them before they even pay you.. I know, because I have done this before I got my monthly checks from them..

Good luck!

Warmest Regards,
Jason Gazaway
seranade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: E-books Reply with quote

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I had another question, how would I market my
e-book.

sincerely,
Seranade
Flipper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jason,
Yes i realize they need to have it to pay me, what i was looking for was that you've gone through them, even though on your first reply you said they were respected, i just needed to hear from someone who had been there.

I'm gonna go through commission junction. thanks so much for the advice.

Very Happy
Vishal P. Rao
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Flipper Very Happy

You may also want to try Google Adsense. The best part is that their technology automatically serves your visitors with the right ads based on the content they are viewing on your site. So you need not waste spend time on searching merchants for your site and rather focus more on providing good content.

In answer to Seranade's question:

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I had another question, how would I market my e-book.

This question cannot be answered in a single message. I believe marketing is an art which needs to mastered over a period of time. The best way to learn online marketing is to start reading some good manuals on it. I recommend Make Your Site Sell by Ken Evoy to start with.

Best wishes,

Vishal P. Rao
seranade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: maketing on the internet Reply with quote

Thanks Vishal
Flipper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
Here i am 7 months later. I've got the site up, I've gone to adsense, but I haven't got my site connected to the search engines yet because I'm still working on content which brings me to my next question.

How do I go about asking and paying my friends for the information I need. I work in television, and there are about 12 different positions that make tv go. (so to speak) I remeber someone in the forums mentioning going to a website that you hire writers to write for you. So, I was wondering whether i should create a little contract that signs my friends material over to me and I pay them for their services or if their is anything already out there?

Again, I thank all of you on this site for help and postings, and thanks again Vashal and hope the little one and family are happy and healthy.

Very Happy
Vishal P. Rao
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Flipper,

You can check out http://www.guru.com or http://www.elance.com to find professionals who can write for you.

Best wishes,

Vishal P. Rao
aweiganddowdell
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: I can write for you! Reply with quote

Flipper,

No matter what the topic, I am an excellent and speedy researcher, and I can write any type of article to your specifications. Additionally, I have a great knack for taking people's scattered thoughts and general mental "meanderings" and grouping these abstract concepts into concise, meaningful literature. Please let me know if there is anything I could write for you for a flat fee, even if you are planning to sell the work. You would, of course, retain all rights to it; thus is the beauty of hiring a ghostwriter!
Flipper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your offer and I will certainly keep you in mind.
I'm sure somewhere down the line I could use you.

Thank you
Very Happy
sdefiore
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Seranade, my 2 cents also Reply with quote

Hi,

You can use the e-book as a bonus if they buy another product. Or you can give the e-book away when they subscribe to a newsletter. You could have pop up box for them to sign up for updates and as a bonus give away the e-book.

Or you can do as we do and just sell e-books as informational products. Although I must admit, most of our material today is in PDF format and on CD, however when we started we used e-books and many others are still doing so.

It really depends on what your business niche is and what you want to accomplish. However, e-books can be marvelous tools to help you reach your goals.

Good luck,

Sue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

A sister site of Home Based Business Opportunities.

© 2004 Work at Home Forum. Powered by phpBB 2.0.11