Work at Home Forum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in   Add this forum to your favorites!Add to Favorites 

I'm curious if any of these Ebay selling programs work?

jmo
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: I'm curious if any of these Ebay selling programs work? Reply with quote

Hello, I'm trying to find a way to make some extra money to help me get through school and I'm seeing a lot of ads online and on those late night info-mercials on TV about selling on Ebay. I have sold many things on Ebay that I had lying around the house, but I hear about setting up sales such as "dropship" and "selling machines" and I'm curious if there is an Ebay selling "program" or book that can get me started. It all sounds too good to be true, so that's why I'm skeptical. Thanks for the advice.
Cheers, Jmo
Gobala Krishnan
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Impossible is just an opinion, not a fact Reply with quote

Jmo,

Your post is of last month, but since nobody has replied I hope this helps:

1) Yes there are many ebooks out there that teach you to do business on ebay. I am suprised you have not come across any. I have no recommendations but you'll definately be able to find some, otherwise you could try http://www.clickbank.com

2) Its is very possible to run an auction business, although the competition can be very high.

3) If you create your own products (can be anything) then go ahead and use ebay to its max. If you sell something that others sell you may need to repostition it or bundle it with other stuff to increase it's value.

3) Selling on ebay, unlike starting with your own website, has one clear advantag:- you can instantly connect to millions of potential buyers around the world..

Thanks. Good luck to you.[/list]
pbrown280
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm curious if any of these Ebay selling programs work? Reply with quote

Hi,

Selling products on eBay through dropship and wholesale relationships is a great way to jump-start your online business, or it can be a good business all its own. Selling on eBay is all about reputation -- you make the sale, then use the proceeds to order the product from your supplier, and they ship the product to your customer, either under your name or in a plain box with a generic packing slip. You support your customer from the sale through fulfillment and handle any questions, problems or returns. The personal attention you provide is a value to your customer, which will help build your reputation.

Here are some other general tips and advice for doing business on the internet that have helped me:

- Don't try to rip people off. People aren't stupid. You may see some short-term success, but if you're not offering a quality product at a good value, regardless of price, the word will get out, and your reputation will be ruined.

- Offer information. Think about it - what do you get on the internet for? When you go to Google or Yahoo, what are you looking for? Donuts? Well, maybe, but most likely it's information. (Maybe it's information about donuts). The point is that people are looking for information, and most people are willing to pay for it if they see a value in doing so.

- Start slowly and keep working at it. It's easy to get discouraged. When I started, I had a nonexistent marketing budget, and it's pretty hard to get started with nothing. In the beginning, I just read a lot of information and tried things that made sense. Most of my attempts failed, but eventually - surprise! - I got a sale. And then I got another sale. It was a start, and I kept working at it, and I still am.

These simple ideas for getting started will help you avoid the pitfalls and learn to do business on the internet properly. Don't be afraid to try things or to purchase information yourself, if it is good information. Sometimes the only way to make progress is to invest in it, and even though I had practically no money to start out with, I slowly bought things the things I needed along the way, and eventually things started happening.

Please feel free to visit my site at www.realdropshippers.com for more advice and articles on dropshipping and internet small business and resources to help you get started with selling on eBay.

To your success,

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Auction Business All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

A sister site of Home Based Business Opportunities.

© 2004 Work at Home Forum. Powered by phpBB 2.0.11