Work at Home Forum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in   Add this forum to your favorites!Add to Favorites 

Network Marketing online � The Method

silke247
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Network Marketing online � The Method Reply with quote

Here's an article I have doing the rounds on the ezines at the moment - hope you enjoy!

Network Marketing online � The Method
By Silke Stahl

Network Marketing online works by giving you your own online store and leaving it up to you to get people there. By doing this the company save millions a month in advertising. Not to mention physically opening a shop in every mall and the cost of running it. So the money is saved by making it online. The incentive to you is the commissions.

Think of McDonalds. If you got a job as a manager, you would be given "your" store. Your job would be to run the place, including hiring staff, and following their formula to market their products. You get paid a salary. The people who own the company, the shareholders, they make the big bucks. What you want to be able to do is bank shares and make commissions from not just your store but from the sales made from the stores of your downline.

SFI - the company - and the Veriuni Store � it�s �shop� - is no different from McDonalds. Literally. You follow a method that works and ANYONE can run it. Anyone. That's how McDs work. It follows an exact method that ANYONE can follow. Those kids on minimum wage making the burgers, fries and shakes have no knowledge of business, marketing or economics. Nor do they need any. They just follow the Method.

MIQ means Multiple Income Qualified. This sounds grand, but it's just a Method again - like McDonalds started selling burgers so that was one Income Stream. Then they put in the fries machine and that was 2 income streams. Then they added the milkshake and that was three income streams. You get the idea.

Don't get put off by all that, it's the Method that makes it work. Go to the Mall and you'll see McDs, Burger King, KFC, all selling fast food. It doesn't matter what they sell, it's the Method that makes it work.

McDs didn't start selling chicken, KFC didn't start selling burgers. They didn't need to (chicken burgers are a hybrid that both restaurants sell and neither have them as a lead product) People at the Mall shopping will stop for lunch at one of them.

People surfing and searching the Net will sign up for business opportunities and buy stuff. If your site has it's Gateways up, you will get people "in".

As for the "Six Figure Income", "Internet Millionaire" bit, people either buy into that or stay skeptical.

Look at it this way. There are plenty of guys who run hamburger stands and burger vans who simply make a living. You see them everywhere. "Mr McDonald" turned HIS hambuger stand into a multi billion dollar international corporation. It's the same product, same method, how far someone goes with it is up to them.

Silke
Wink
successcoach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFI - is it really network marketing?
Isn't it an affiliate program?
Most Internet programs function as affiliate programs as they pay only 2-3 levels down.
This is especially true of all kinds of storefronts and internet malls.
What is even worse, when such programs present themselves as
Network marketing they mislead people who get the completely wrong idea. One thing, there is a mortar and brick MLM company with real products and real compensation. And then there is someone in cyberspace with lots of promises and no real address who makes people think they are in a networking company.
I don't see the value of posting this article on the forum at all since it doesn't give any good information for someone who is exploring the subjects of MLM.
Want a clear view from real experts?
silke247
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Diana,

This IS network marketing as it is run exactly the same way as network marketing has always run - on multi levels - selling products - in this case the Veriuni products.

SFI is the Internet branch of Veriuni and allows the use of a website to sell your products, and also allows you to lead over the net with the opportunity. It takes Network marketing into the Internet age, and is one of the few companies that really does and has been consistently successful!

We really have people doing this part time who make a good $500 second income, people who make $2,000 fulltime, and even some group leaders who really do make a "Six Figure Income".

How many who claim to be an "MLM" or "NWM" can make those claims - or more importantly - back them up?

An affiliate program means you sign up affiliates under you in your team. An affiliate is someone who sells the products on behalf of the company.
Your WHP company at the end of the day is an affiliate program - you have signed up as an affiliate to sell the products.
But like SFI it is also MLM - it works on Multi levels - it could be called a "Multi Tier Affiliate program".
Both are Network Marketing as you recruit your own Network of affiliates - build your own sales team - as opposed to setting up a company and hiring employees.

Don't get too caught up in semantics as being all defining.
"It's just a name - don't fuss over it"

The value of posting this article is it gives the facts about the proper method of using network marketing by people who are doing it, for those who want to do it.

(The fact that you tell us that YOU don't see the value tells us just that - YOU don't see the value. That's because

1. you're a newbie.
and
2. because you're more interested in grabbing the chance to promote something else - "use this instead" - and don't think we haven't seen THAT trick done before!)

My article is in fact a "clear view" from "real experts"!

(Which YOU should refrain from referring to yourself as until you really find out what the subject is about and how the business really works.
Unless of course you are referring to "Big Al" and his friend, as you are promoting his book - as an Affiliate of his!)

As you have only joined the forum today it is hardly your place to start replying to old posts telling the regulars we shouldn't be posting our articles and sharing our info as we don't know what we are talking about and YOU are here now to save us.

Silke
Wink

Last edited by silke247 on Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
successcoach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: An opinion from a newbie Reply with quote

Hello, Silke
Yes, I am new to forums.
So I read the rules and I read other posts. 1 of 1 pages.
I have seen very little discussion. Someone posts, everyone views, no replies. Everyone is happy in the neighborhood.
So I come in with my opinion, I don't say I am an expert and then I get a rebuttal with a smiley face at the bottom.
I bet I am the first one who read the post who has an opinion and some time and life force to express it.
Everyone else is just "doing the rounds". No company names were ever mentioned, unlike you with your Co and links all over the place.
All you are doing is looking for an opportunity to plug in your own company and this is why you are here at the forums, isn't it?
JUst for your info, I am not in any affiliate programs. I put in a website in my sig line that doesn't sell anything, that doesn't even have my name on it because it is good information for people to read.

It is that simple. This forum, from what I understand, is about sharing opinions and getting other people's insights, not about promoting your company. As a seasoned user you should know this better than me.
I was totally nonthreatening when I did the post and I don't see why you had to respond in such a negative way.
I have seen this before - don't speak up as you are new and we are regulars. This is what children say to neubies in the kindergarten.

By the way, if you reply to my remarks in the same way you responded to my previous post, don;t expect a reply - I won't give you any more of my time. As you see, I am good with words and have an answer to anything, and a strong one too.
However, I choose to do more productive things instead.

In the meantime, I wish you the best of success in your chosen company, and may you spend more time creating friends than cultivating negativity.
And let all your dreams come true. Blessings,
Diana Drexler
(disregard the link in the sig line)
silke247
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered if you would reply to this today.

It's not that nobody replies or we don't encourage new people not to reply, your reply to my article started off being negative, saying you saw "no value", suggesting companies - maybe mine - are NOT NWM because we are Net based and not "real", and now you accuse me of being at a forum to plug a company and program.

You're completely missing the point - the value of these forums is the networking.
A VERY famous catchphrase of mine is:
"In Network Marketing, the NETWORKING always comes before the MARKETING" - if you are going to be around internet forums and ezines you will see that quoted many places, and not just in my own articles.

I am NOT promoting anything via this forum, far from it, I have much better ways to promote my company. As I said, this article was picked up by many ezines and by many webmasters last year. Do a search on my name on Google and you will find it everwhere, among my other work. It has been very popular because it tells people what they need to know to make NWM work for them online.

I hardly need to post it at a forum as a way of directly promoting my program!

Just FYI - your WHP program IS an affiliate program -
http://www.seapowerplus.com/whp/default.asp?s=ceo
you are in one and don't even know what you are doing, is what I was pointing out.

I didn't find you particularly "good with words" - you have the air of a stroppy child having a tantrum more than anything else, and hardly say you have an "answer for everything".
You do have an over inflated opinion of yourself, but that much is obvious from the three replies to the other posts here.

I'm glad you decided not to reply - I don't particularly want to hear what you have to say, nor do I want any of "your time".

There is a difference between posting an opinion and being condescending - you will need to learn the difference if you want to make forum life part of your Internet activities. This forum is quite mild compared to some of the more volatile ones out there, so you are lucky you landed here first!

But in good spirit I too wish you success and happiness.
I don't "cultivate negativity" at all, but when someone starts with negative posts as you did, I'm sure to put them in their place, and stomp on that negativity early.

As for friendships - they need to be cultivated carefully. I hope you come to realise that before too late.

I have already disgregarded your link - I don't need advice from YOU on what courses to take or who to listen to.
YOU however might want to read them a bit more carefully and pay a little more attention to what Network Marketing actually is before coming to forums and lecturing others.

Silke
Wink

Last edited by silke247 on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
silke247
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested in this subject, here is a great thread on "Internet Marketing" reputation:

http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=190

It starts with a copy of a post I made at the Nettle forum, and points are picked up on by other members, in particularly Francisco.

There is a big difference between Internet Marketing - as in marketing products direct on the Internet - and Networking Marketing using the Internet. Although a matter of semantics, it is easy to see while "real" companies have a bad perception of "Internet Marketing" or rather "Internet Network Marketing".

To start a business in the real world you need a skill or your own product.

Without these you need to buy a franchise, and that takes money.

With no real skill or money behind them the only way that a person who wants to run their own business and be financially independant is through Network Marketing - you join a company as an affiliate and go about selling their products and building your own Network of affiliates to leverage income from their efforts.

This of course requires Teamwork.

TEAM:
Together Everyone Achieves More.

The importance in finding and employing the correct METHOD to this is what I am getting across in my article which starts this thread
(the all important point that Diana failed to grasp)

It is like the combination of a safe - you have to have all the right numbers and access them in the right order to get it to open. Get even one slightly wrong and the whole thing goes out.

So it is with having an all important duplicatable METHOD in your Network Marketing.

Have a read of this great thread and maybe contribute - or bring some ideas back here.

http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=190

Let's break down some of these misconceptions that "Network Marketing" offline and "Affiliate Marketing" online are two different animals. Different breeds maybe, but the same animal.

Silke
Wink
SavingsonTravel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could any of the networkers on this thread use a fresh idea? I have a large organization, and it is because of one system that I use. I know networkers are always looking. I just thought it might be of some benefit to your business. I am not going to advertise links to websites so if you can just send me an email and we will connect and I'll share some ideas with you.

[email protected]

that is my email adress.
silke247
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Savings,

A lot of the time at forums, people get suspicious of such offers. They want to see what it is you are talking about on the forum, hear what you have to say, before simply sending you an email.

A lot of people use forums to harvest email addys and put members on a contact list.

There is actually a forum rule against this:

9. No using sentences like "Email me for more info" or "Check out my Web site for more info"

The best thing you could do is open a thread and discuss some of your ideas. Whatever it is you have to offer, if people can see that you know what you're talking about and have something of value first, they may be inclined to contact you about it.

I see you are a Referralware member, some of us have experience with Referralware, and of course it's hosted progs such as CashCulture and FSC.

I presume it isn't a Referralware memberhip you are offering!

Silke
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Network Marketing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

A sister site of Home Based Business Opportunities.

© 2004 Work at Home Forum. Powered by phpBB 2.0.11